NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013

NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013
Shri Ramapir Mandir/Temple in Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Sunday, January 17, 2010

From Kauai's Hindu Monastery

Vedic Verses

A daily collection of verses from the Vedas, Hinduism's revealed scripture




Vedic Verses for 1/17/10

Whatever sin is found in me, whatever evil I have done, if I have lied or falsely sworn, Waters, remove this stain from me!
Rig Veda I, 23
Yours, O King, are solaces a hundred, a thousand! Great and far-reaching be also your favors! Drive far away from us baneful Destruction. Remove from us whatever sin we have committed.
Rig Veda I, 24, 9
Loosen the bonds, O Varuna, which bind us, which crush us, cramping our every movement. Make us sinless in respect to your Holy Law, unbound for Boundlessness, O son of Aditi.
Rig Veda I, 24, 15
Whatever law of yours, O God Varuna, we, being mortal men, may violate day after day, do not consign us, we beg, as prey to death or to your own fierce anger, to be destroyed by reason of your displeasure.
Rig Veda I, 25, 1
Give us, Lord, a share of sunlight, of waters, freedom from sin and communion with the living. Do not tarnish the joy of our hearts for we have put our trust in your name.
Rig Veda I, 104, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment